Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feast of St Ignatius of Loyola

Anima Christi
Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Separated from Thee let me never be
From the malignant enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That with thy saints I may praise Thee
Forever and ever
Amen


How does this prayer speak to the modern mind? The Catechism reminds us that each time we utter a prayer, it is Jesus' teaching about our Father's providence. Each time we pray, it is for the 'here' and 'now', not yesterday nor tomorrow (CCC 2659). O What great comfort as this reminds us ultimately that during the hustle and bustle of our day's load, all in God's hands, whether we are aware of it or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment